Thursday, July 18, 2013

High Tunnel and Wrist update

The high tunnel has been transformed into a majestic place where very soon tomatoes, strawberries, potatoes, and other foods, will grow and soak up the necessary nutrients to thrive. Over the last couple of days, Conner and I have been hard at work getting it in shape, but we have gotten some serious help. Without Tom, we would be in big trouble. Jessica has also helped us and I believe plans are in order for all the interns to work on it come Tuesday. There is so much to do, but it is amazing how much more tolerable a hard day of work is when you are working for something that has a person meaning. Working with Conner these last few days has been great and I'm glad we took on this project. I'm excited to come back to the farm after the internship is technically over... in order to keep working on it and polishing it up.

I may have written about it earlier, but this wrist injury I sustained has really taught me how valuable it is to have a healthy body and mind. It is very frustrating to not be able to use ones' dominant hand/arm and I'm kind of glad that I was reminded to be thankful for what I have. I'm very excited to be back to full strength and not have to use my left hand so much because it feels quite unnatural.

No comments:

Post a Comment